Top Trends in Outdoor Adventure
The food industry has trends like cupcakes and craft cocktails, but what are the top trends in outdoor adventure?
At Bold Betties Outfitters we love outdoor adventure! While many of us are new to the arena, a lot of us are dedicated outdoor lovers who have been enjoying the excitement and beauty of nature for many years! We’re not just doing this because it’s trendy, but because it’s good for the body and the mind! That being said, just like almost everything in our modern society, outdoor adventure does experience trends. There’s always something new and exciting that everyone wants to try! Here’s a look at the current top trends in outdoor adventure. Check out the list so you can get on board with the next “big thing.”
- Adventure Travel. Adventure tourism is one of the fastest-growing travel segments in the world. The global value of the industry reached $263 billion in 2013, according to TTG Asia. It has increased 195% from 2011, says the recent UNWTO Global Report on Adventure Tourism. Long-distance bike trips, hiking in the wild and multi-day kayaking trips are just some of the popular trends in outdoor adventures.
- Adventure Racing. According to the Outdoor Association’s 2014 Outdoor Participation Report, adventure racing is the fastest growing sector. Last year more than 2.2 million people participated in adventure racing through activities such as Tough Mudder competitions and other non-traditional triathlons.
- Gear that is made in the USA. More and more people are prioritizing their dollars on products that are made right here in America and the manufacturers are paying attention. You can expect to find more American-made outdoor gear to be available in the coming years.
- Surfing. This classic sport has never really gone away, but is currently experiencing a bit a boom, thanks to the southern California lifestyle that has embraced surfing, and other outdoor adventures, as a way to conduct business. A decade ago deals were often made on the golf course, but now the landscape has changed to surfing, as well as hiking, climbing and other outdoor activities. The overworked executives of today are turning to surfing as a way to connect with nature and find balance in their busy lives.
- Outdoor Fitness Routines. More people are taking their normal fitness routines out of the gym and into the great outdoors. This includes small group outdoor training, all-terrain bodyweight workouts, and activity training such as kayaking and climbing.