Adventure Travel Packing List
Before you can decide what to pack on your adventure travel trip, you need to determine two things:
1) Who is actually carrying the gear?
- If your trip is Sherpa / Mule supported, see the Sherpa-Supported Adventure Travel Packing List below.
- If you will be carrying your gear, see the Backpacking Packing List.
2) What will the climate be like?
- Base your clothing and weather protection choices on the anticipated climate and be prepared for unexpected weather.
- To understand how to modify your packing list for certain weather conditions, see Tips and Picks for Clothing and Footwear.
Sherpa-Supported Adventure Travel
If your trip involves Sherpas (aka Porters) or mules or another means of carrying the bulk of your gear for you, you will most likely pack different luggage and you will be able to carry more weight (although keep in mind your airline’s and guide agency’s weight restrictions).
Many of the items you will need might be available from your guide agency. Operators usually provide tents and ground cloths as part of the included price, however you can often rent sleeping bags, sleeping pads and trekking poles for an additional price. Check with the guide agency.
This is a comprehensive list of everything you might need or want on your Sherpa-Supported Adventure Travel Trip. Depending on the specifics of your trip and/or your preferences, you may exclude some of these items or may include others not listed here. You will want to limit the load to those items necessary to keep you safe, dry and comfortable.
[Optional Items / Varies by Trip Type]
*May be provided by your travel operator or guide agency – check with them
Accessories, Clothing & Footwear