September 22-28, 2019
Bohemian Comfort - Authentic and true immersive experience! Sleep in tents, eat simple, delicious and healthy food and get cozy and intimate with your fellow Betties! Might have to arrange somethings on your own such as ground transportation or do a more extensive preparation than you might in other trip styles*
Convenient Comfort – Minimum effort on your part! Sleep in a room which you might share with one other Betty, eat prepared meals that are hearty and healthy and prepare minimally as the rest is provided. In most cases, ground transportation is included*
Luxury Comfort - Just show up and the rest is covered. Sleep with comfort in a nice bed with luxury linen, eat gourmet food, drink wonderful wine and get plenty of rest before your full day of adventure. Ground transportation is included and all of your gear is provided*
*Air transportation is not included in Bold Betties adventures
This is a great entry level trip for newcomers or Betties looking build confidence outdoors. Expect 2-5 hours of activity a day on mostly flat or slightly hilly terrain with the occassional steep and/or uneven trail. You'll travel approximately 4-6 miles per day and experience moderate elevation/altitude changes.
Moderately difficult featuring more hills and mountain terrain, but still accessible for Betties inexperienced in outdoor adventure. Expect 4-6 hours of activity covering up to 10 miles a day. Expect steep and uneven trails and altitudes up to 10,000 ft.
Challenging adventures for Betties who are fit adventurers and possess a basic skill set for the outdoors. Expect 5-8 hours of activity per day over a variety of exposed terrain and steep uneven trails. Distances up to 12 miles per day and altitudes up to 14,000 ft.
Designed for the most experienced Betties who are do adventures on a regular basis. You'll be taken to remote locations over exposed, uneven and challenging terrain, requiring 10+ hours of activity per day and distances of 12+ miles. Altitudes could exceed 14,000 ft.
“Boldness is a muscle that you have to keep flexing.”
-Niki Koubourlis, CEO and Founder of Bold Betties
Bold Betties mission is simple: to help women everywhere get out of their comfort zones to discover their bold. But that definition of bold varies from woman to woman. We’re proud to offer different types of adventures that will hopefully appeal to everyone.
This time around, we’re offering a different type of adventure. A slower paced and more mindful adventure in one of the most beautiful places in the world: the French Riviera.
Departing from Nice, France, participants will explore the French Riviera with customized itineraries of seaside walking trails and urban sidewalk strolls. Towns included on this adventure are: Nice, Canne, Menton , and Antibes. After lunch, you’ll have the Riviera as your playground each afternoon.
This is a walking tour, not a hiking tour. Hiking boots and backpacks are always optional. This is a slower paced adventure, allowing for plenty of time to soak in the incredible scenery of the French Mediterranean. With convenient train and bus stops along the route, you’ll be able to customize your day for longer or shorter walks. This adventure includes a one-week unlimited use train pass for the entire route, allowing you to hop on and off whenever and wherever you like!
Each morning will include a guided walk, leaving after breakfast and arriving to the destination between lunchtime and mid-afternoon. Participants should be prepared to walk at least an hour a day.
- Six nights at our centrally located 4-star hotel in Nice, France (Hôtel Mercure Nice Centre Grimaldi or similar)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- Full hot and cold buffet breakfast daily
- Welcome dinner
- Orientation walk in Nice
- Gelato break
- Sampling of local food and drink specialties
- Visit to Cours Saleya flower market
- Visit to Cannes’ Marche Forville
- Half-day guided walks along the coastline and towns of the Cote d’Azur
- Ferry trip to the Lerin Islands
- Optional visit to the Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild
- Optional visit to an absinthe museum and tasting in Antibes
- Farewell dinner
- One-week unlimited use TER regional train pass along from Cannes to Menton All maps, train schedules, and daily customized itineraries
- Your English speaking guide
- Fully hosted and escorted
- All hotel taxes, fees & service charges
What’s Not Included:
- Travel Insurance
- Gratuity for guides
- Any meals not listed
- Day 1: Arrival Day. We’ll have an orientation meeting in the afternoon to learn about the program, get acquainted, and then head out for a guided walk around Nice of the lively pedestrian areas and Place Massena, and learn our way around.
- Day 2: The first day of your France walking tour will begin along the famous Promenade des Anglais. Then take in the colors and scents of the Cours Saleya Flower Market. Walk past Nice’s Old Harbor, along the coast, and finally arrive in the beautiful harbor town of Villefranche-Sur-Mer. Evening: Welcome dinner and a stroll to Nice’s Old Town for a gelato.
- Day 3: We’ll stroll from Villefranche-sur-Mer to Cap Ferrat to walk its gorgeous sentiers. Then we finish with a cool drink in the harbor of St. Jean and an optional visit to the Rothschild Villa & Gardens. This is truly a spectacular day.
- Day 4: Beginning with a train to Roquebrune/Cap Martin to walk the coastal sentier, visit the old town of Menton, options are easy walk to the Italian Border, and /visit the Principality of Monaco. (Three countries in one day!)
- Day 5: Visit to Antibes old town, its Marche Provencal, the ramparts (and walk the wall!) Afternoon free for several great options: self-guided sentier walk, visit to the Picasso Museum, hilltop artist villages of Eze or St. Paul de Vence, Grasse, etc.
- Day 6: We begin with the train to Cannes to meander the pedestrian street of Rue Meynadier, then we can shop for picnic supplies at the great covered market of Marche Forville, see the harbor and the Palais des Festivals, and then hop a ferry to Ile St. Honorat to walk the island’s trail. We’ll pass vineyards, pine, and eucalyptus, visit the Monasteries and have a typical picnic lunch. Ferry trip included.
- Day 7: Last breakfast at the hotel, departure day . If you’re extending your stay, your rail pass will still be valid this day.
Non-refundable Deposit: $500
Full Trip Cost: $1,992.60
Remaining Balance (after non-refundable deposit): $1, 492.60
Single Supplement: $534.60
Non-refundable Deposit: $550
Full Trip Cost: $2,214
Remaining Balance (after non-refundable deposit): $1,664
Single Supplement: $594
Not an Affinity Member yet? Become one today and save 10% on the adventures in the Bold Betties store! CLICK HERE to find out more and to sign up!
Travel Insurance is REQUIRED for this experience and is not included in the price. We do not sell it but we are always happy to help you find the right plan for you!
Please do NOT purchase your airfare until the trip is 100% confirmed.
If you are traveling alone and would like to have a single room, please purchase the single supplement. If you are traveling alone and would like to be paired up with someone, let us know at checkout! We're happy to arrange that!
If cancelled by May 15, 2019: adventure is fully refundable, less the non-refundable deposit.
If cancelled after May 15, 2019: adventure is non-refundable.
While it is our intention at Bold Betties to adhere to the event as described, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. The itinerary is brief, as we never know exactly where our journey will take us. Due to the nature of Bold Betties events, adventuring and travel can be unpredictable. Our itinerary overview is a general guide regarding the event and any mention of specific destinations or wildlife is by no means a guarantee that they will be visited or encountered. These changes can be made with regards to safety, attendee capabilities, time constraints, weather and various other reasons. You are solely responsible for arriving to the meeting place on time. In the event of a delay, it is up to you to make alternative arrangements. Any additional costs incurred is your responsibility. Refunds will not be given due to missed connections, canceled flights, weather, or any other delays or unforeseen circumstances. Allow yourself extra time to arrive safely to the meeting place so that everyone leaves on time. Please see the cancellation/refund policy.
Nice, France: French Riviera Walking Tour - September 22-28, 2019
September 22-28, 2019
This product is sold out