July 22nd, 2017
Bohemian Comfort - Authentic and true immersive experience! Sleep in tents, eat simple, delicious and healthy food and get cozy and intimate with your fellow Betties! Might have to arrange somethings on your own such as ground transportation or do a more extensive preparation than you might in other trip styles*
Convenient Comfort – Minimum effort on your part! Sleep in a room which you might share with one other Betty, eat prepared meals that are hearty and healthy and prepare minimally as the rest is provided. In most cases, ground transportation is included*
Luxury Comfort - Just show up and the rest is covered. Sleep with comfort in a nice bed with luxury linen, eat gourmet food, drink wonderful wine and get plenty of rest before your full day of adventure. Ground transportation is included and all of your gear is provided*
*Air transportation is not included in Bold Betties adventures
This is a great entry level trip for newcomers or Betties looking build confidence outdoors. Expect 2-5 hours of activity a day on mostly flat or slightly hilly terrain with the occassional steep and/or uneven trail. You'll travel approximately 4-6 miles per day and experience moderate elevation/altitude changes.
Moderately difficult featuring more hills and mountain terrain, but still accessible for Betties inexperienced in outdoor adventure. Expect 4-6 hours of activity covering up to 10 miles a day. Expect steep and uneven trails and altitudes up to 10,000 ft.
Challenging adventures for Betties who are fit adventurers and possess a basic skill set for the outdoors. Expect 5-8 hours of activity per day over a variety of exposed terrain and steep uneven trails. Distances up to 12 miles per day and altitudes up to 14,000 ft.
Designed for the most experienced Betties who are do adventures on a regular basis. You'll be taken to remote locations over exposed, uneven and challenging terrain, requiring 10+ hours of activity per day and distances of 12+ miles. Altitudes could exceed 14,000 ft.
The Bold Betties are inviting you to join us on an epic rafting trip! The Wet & Wild Elaho Exhilarator rafting trip is white water rafting at its best! Adventure, excitement and summer fun await you!
The professional river guides will teach you the skills necessary to ride big waves and catch air as you navigate down the Class 3-4 Elaho and Squamish Rivers. Your courage will be tested as you travel through the infamous “Devil’s Elbow” section of the rapids, as seen on TV’s famous Eco-Challenge Adventure Race. Depending on the water levels, you’ll also be able to swim through some small rapids and enjoy a few laughs as your crewmates scramble to stay on board.
Along with some of North America’s most exhilarating rapids, your river journey will take you through approximately 10 miles of British Columbia’s most inspiring wilderness. Take time to appreciate your surroundings and enjoy the world-class scenery including old growth forests, dormant volcanoes, towering glaciers, and stunning waterfalls that cascade hundreds of feet toward the river. If you’re really lucky you’ll get a glimpse of the local deer, beavers and bears which often stop by the river’s edge.
Cost is $148 US Dollars ($199 Canadian) You must be RSVP'ed before 8th, July!
We are meeting at the Fairmont Pacific Rim (1038 Canada Place), please be ready to meet your guide at 7:45am in front of the hotel.
FOOD, SNACKS & DRINKS
We highly recommend a big breakfast the morning of your Wet & Wild Elaho Exhilarator rafting trip and bring a snack and drink for the bus ride to the river if you wish. Midway down the river we’ll provide you with a light snack consisting of an organic protein packed CLIF Bar & a drink to reenergize you. Following your day of rafting you may wish to relax back at our rafting base and use the beautiful Resort facilities. We suggest you enjoy all that Squamish has to offer and enjoy a meal with your friends and family in one of our great local restaurants! Please don’t drink & drive.
WHAT TO BRING
- Layer of polypropylene long underwear, polar fleece, or a thin wool sweater for anyone who may get chilled easily or during cooler temperatures
- Do not wear cotton while rafting as it retains cold against your body
- An extra sweater to wear after your rafting trip as it can be cold in your wet wetsuit
- Do not bring your best clothes as the bus is dusty
- Please note that all participants must be at least 13 years old and a minimum weight of 90 pounds is required to participate in our white-water rafting adventure.
- Youth aged 13-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian on the trip
- Wear clothing appropriate for the weather that day so you can be comfortable before and after rafting
- We have separate male and female changing areas for your privacy and convenience
- We recommend leaving all valuables including jewelry and rings at home. All clothes and bags can be left in our change rooms. The building will be locked for the duration of the rafting trip and you can leave anything you are not taking on the river in the secured change rooms. We are not responsible for lost or stolen belongings.
- Once you are on the bus departing for your rafting trip there are no modern bathroom facilities until you return. We will stop for a bathroom break in the wilderness if necessary.
- We’ll supply you with a wetsuit, wetsuit booties, spray jacket, helmet, government-approved lifejacket, and all the equipment required to raft safely. This is all you need to take with you on the raft.
- Gratuity is not included in the rate and is at your discretion