Osprey’s Farpoint 80 is the right size for a long trip when you need one pack to transport everything from the airport to the back of beyond.
Go ahead and fill it up. The LightWire™ frame suspension transfers the load from harness to hipbelt. A mesh backpanel improves ventilation and the mesh on the harness and hipbelt reduces chafing under load. The entire suspension stows away under a zippered panel creating a sleek silhouette for transport.
Unzip the lockable sliders to access the main compartment. Inside there’s a mesh pocket for small items. A compartment with floating divider allows separate storage options and dual compression straps keep cargo from shifting during transit.
Outside the pack, you’ll find a zippered front panel slash pocket to keep you organized and sewn attachment points to add extra gear. No matter how much you choose to carry, StraightJacket™ compression straps stabilize the load.
There are also loops to anchor an optional Osprey Daylite daypack if you would like the convenience of a small satellite pack for short forays.
- Large panel zip access to main compartment with lockable sliders provides accessibility and security to main contents
- Fixed, unisex backpanel, hipbelt and harness system can easily be stowed and zipped away for a slimmer profile when traveling. The creates a slimmer profile for the bag, making it a better checked bag
- Dual front compression straps keep gear stable while wearing the pack
- Top and side padded carry handles are helpful when you need to hoist the pack
STOWAWAY HARNESS AND HIPBELT
A fixed, unisex backpanel, hipbelt and harness system can easily be stowed and zipped away creating a better slimmer profile making a better bag for checking or throwing on a bus, train or ship.
A detachable daypack provides additional storage and organization, ideal for day trips or as a carry-on. *Farpoint 70 and 55 only
- Lower Zippered Compartment - Large lower zippered compartment with a floating divider is the perfect place to pack items like shoes to keep separated from the main compartment. The floating divider can be removed to make the pack one main pack body
- StraightJacket™ Compression System - Osprey’s StraightJacket™ compression system secures loads and adds stability to the pack. It utilizes the external compression straps and padded side walls to wrap internal contents of pack
- Top Zippered Pocket - A top zippered pocket works well for items that need to be accessible. The pocket also works well for liquids and toiletries
- Front Panel Slash Pocket - A zippered front panel slash pocket keeps you organized
- Daylite Attachment Loops - Daylite attachment loops can be used to add an optional day pack
LIGHTWIRE™ FRAME SUSPENSION
- 3.5mm lightWire™ peripheral frame effectively transfers the load from harness to hip belt
- Atilon framesheet spreads load across the entire backpanel to the peripheral frame
STOWAWAY REVERSE SPACER MESH BACKPANEL, HARNESS, AND HIPBELT
- Smooth mesh covered atilon foam provides a comfortable, breathable contact surface with a load supporting core
- Adjustable sternum strap with rescue whistle