Designed for backcountry skiers and boarders, the Osprey Kode 22 is the perfect size for spring backcountry tours or lift-accessed tours off the ski area.
The innovative LightWire™ suspension system combines with a padded hipbelt to carry loads up to 25 pounds without sacrificing stability. Thermo-formed backpanel and contoured shoulder straps provide comfort and keep the pack stable when you’re ripping the steep and deep.
A zippered panel allows easy access to all your gear while another large J-zip front panel pocket stores your avalanche probe and shovel for quick access when you want to dig a snow pit and access conditions. There’s also a built-in back pocket for a hydration reservoir that routes through the shoulder harness to prevent freezing.
On the outside of the pack, you’ll find straps for multiple ski and snowboard carry options and an ice axe loop just in case you encounter firm conditions. All contact points are reinforced to minimize wear from metal edges.
Other winter-specific features include a stowable helmet carry system, ice axe loop and a scratch-free goggle pocket. Glove friendly buckles and zippers poles let you keep your hands covered when you’re making the transition from skins to skis on a frigid January morning.
- A-frame Ski Carry - Lower reinforced ski carry loops work in conjunction with upper side carry straps to provide secure and comfortable a-frame style ski carry
- Diagonal Ski Carry - Upper and lower reinforced carry wings provide secure and comfortable diagonal style ski carry
- Vertical Snowboard/Snowshoe Carry - dual front panel Hypalon reinforced wings provide secure and comfortable vertical snowboard/snowshoe carry
- Horizontal Backpanel Snowboard Carry - A reinforced hipbelt wing provides quick horizontal carry across the backpanel of the pack
- Panel Load Access - Extra-large front panel j-zip access to avalanche safety pocket with shovel handle and probe sleeves
- Ice Tool Attachment - Single tool loop works in conjunction with upper carry strap to provide secure ice tool attachment
- Insulated Hydration - An internal sewn-in hydration sleeve with reservoir hanger and a fully insulated, dual zippered harness router with a hypo-allergenic stretch garage provides ice-free hydration
- Glove Friendly Access - Glove friendly zipper pulls and buckles allow for quick and easy use in adverse conditions
- Hipbelt Pockets - Dual, articulated zippered hipbelt pockets for one hand use provide quick access to essentials
- Backpanel Access - Dual zippered access to dry storage/hydration compartment
- Helmet Carry
- Goggle Pocket - Top zippered heat embossed scratch-free goggle pocket provides safe storage for optics