The Osprey Kode ABS® compatible 22+10 is a ski-touring chameleon. Heading into avalanche terrain during a high hazard window? Zip in the ABS® Vario airbag system for extra peace of mind. Planning to ski corn snow in gentle terrain? Leave the ABS® system at home. Just make sure you’re down before the sun softens the snowpack.
LightWire™ frame suspension, a padded hipbelt, and a thermoformed contoured back panel keep the pack comfortable when you’re skinning up and stable during the descent.
Access the pack via a zippered top panel. The zippered front panel provides rapid access to your shovel and probe, which are stowed in separate sleeves. And, if you shed a layer during the day, unzip the separate dry compartment for an extra 10 liters of storage space.
Additional features include a stowable helmet carry sling, ice tool loop and a scratch-free goggle pocket. All zippers and buckles are designed for gloved operation and the insulated hydration hose won’t freeze up, even when you’re out for dawn patrol on a frosty morning.
- A removable zip-off pack body that is compatible with the ABS® Vario Base Unit providing optimal safety and peace of mind in the backcountry (sold separately)
- An extra-large front panel pocket provides quick, conveniently j-zippered access to an avalanche safety kit compartment with shovel and probe sleeves
- Glove friendly zipper pulls and buckles allow for quick and easy use in adverse conditions
- An internal sewn-in hydration sleeve with reservoir hanger and a fully insulated, dual zippered harness router with a hypo-allergenic stretch garage provides ice-free hydration
- Reinforced upper/lower carry straps allow for stable and secure diagonal ski carry
- Reinforced upper/lower carry straps allow for stable and secure vertical snowboard/snowshoe carry
- A single ice tool loop provides secure, easily accessible ice tool carry
- An internal compartment lined with a heat embossed, scratch-free material delivers secure and protected goggle carry
- A stowable helmet carry system extends for secure carry of helmet while not in use
ABS® AIRBAG SYSTEM*
In the event of an avalanche, deploy the ABS® system and two 85 liter side mounted, independently chambered twin bags facilitate a horizontal position for maximum float and rescue visibility.
The pyrotechnic-pneumatic pull handle and nitrogen gas canister ensure rapid airbag deployment in extreme conditions and situations. The ABS® system is TUV certified with proven independent statistics since 1991.
*Purchased separately at ABS® authorized dealers