Designed to carry up to 50 pounds, the Osprey Kode ABS® compatible 42 is a technical ski a pack suitable for long tours, hut trips, and snow professionals.
If you are traveling in avalanche terrain, zip in the ABS® Vario airbag system. Or leave the ABS® system behind if you feel absolutely confident about the stability of the snowpack. With or without the airbag system, this pack is made for the serious backcountry skier.
LightWire™ frame suspension, a padded hipbelt, and a thermo-formed contoured back panel keep the pack comfortable when you’re skinning up and stable during the descent.
Access the pack easily from the top or from a backpanel. And a zippered front panel provides rapid access to your shovel and probe, which are stowed in separate sleeves.
When it’s time to boot up the couloir, choose your preferred carrying style— A-frame or diagonal for skis, or horizontal or vertical for your board. No matter how you rig to hike, all possible wear points are reinforced.
Additional features include a stowable helmet carry system, ice tool loop and a scratch-free goggle pocket. All zippers and buckles are designed for gloved operation and the insulated hydration hose won’t freeze up, even when you’re out for dawn patrol on a frosty morning.
- A removable zip-off pack body that is compatible with the ABS® Vario Base Unit providing optimal safety and peace of mind in the backcountry (sold separately)
- An extra-large front panel pocket provides quick, conveniently j-zippered access to an avalanche safety kit compartment with shovel and probe sleeves
- Glove friendly zipper pulls and buckles allow for quick and easy use in adverse conditions
- An internal sewn-in hydration sleeve with reservoir hanger and a fully insulated, dual zippered harness router with a hypo-allergenic stretch garage provides ice-free hydration
- Reinforced upper/lower carry straps allow for stable and secure diagonal ski carry
- Reinforced upper/lower carry straps allow for stable and secure vertical snowboard/snowshoe carry
- A single ice tool loop provides secure, easily accessible ice tool carry
- An internal compartment lined with a heat embossed, scratch-free material delivers secure and protected goggle carry
- A stowable helmet carry system extends for secure carry of helmet while not in use
ABS® AIRBAG SYSTEM*
In the event of an avalanche, deploy the ABS® system and two 85 liter side mounted, independently chambered twin bags facilitate a horizontal position for maximum float and rescue visibility.
The pyrotechnic-pneumatic pull handle and nitrogen gas canister ensure rapid airbag deployment in extreme conditions and situations. The ABS® system is TUV certified with proven independent statistics since 1991.
*Purchased separately at ABS® authorized dealers