Light, strong, and stoic, Osprey’s Mutant 28 is a perfect partner on your next high alpine adventure.
This bucket-style top-loading pack has a featherweight aluminum suspension system that handles loads up to 40 pounds. The mesh Airscape™ backpanel provides ventilation and all-day carrying comfort.
When the summit is in sight and every ounce counts, shed weight by removing the pack’s suspension, compression straps, and the helmet carry sling.
Other alpine-specific features include A-frame ski carry loops, dual ToolLocks™ with bungee tool tie-offs, and front panel webbing loops for crampon attachment. It also has an interior mesh slash pocket to keep small items organized. All zipper pulls and buckles are glove-friendly to keep your hands protected while grabbing for gear in frosty temps. And the hipbelt has built-in gear loops so you can to keep a few pieces handy to build a quick belay anchor and safely bring your partner up the final Class 4 scramble to the summit.
- Adjustable, removable one piece side compression/retention straps with upper side quick release buckles provides load stability and external carry options
- Reinforced A-frame ski carry loops work in conjunction with compression/retention straps to provide stable A-frame ski carry
- Stowable, removable stretch mesh helmet carry system provides stable carry of helmet when not in use
- Dual ToolLocks™ work in conjunction with bungee tool tie-offs to provide secure and easily accessible ice tool carry
- Multiple front panel webbing loops provide ideal attachment points for crampons and other needed gear
The top-lid with integrated FlapJacket™ system*, framesheet and aluminum stay, helmet carry, rope attachment strap and side compression straps are all removable to optimize weight savings. *Mutant 38 only
REVERSE WRAP HIPBELT
The unique hipbelt system allows the users to wrap the padded hipbelt out of the way of the climbing harness.
KEY CLIMBING FEATURES
Dual ToolLocks™ with bungee tie-offs for quick and easy access to your ice tools. Reinforced A-frame ski carry loops work in conjunction with compression/retention straps to provide stable ski carry.