Built for ski mountaineers and ice climbers, Osprey’s Variant 37 is ideal for mountain travelers who need a durable pack to transport skis and ice tools with security and comfort.
The removable hipbelt has built-in gear loops and is contoured to facilitate movement and fit easily around a climbing harness. You can also remove the pack’s top lid and deploy the integrated FlapJacket™ closure system when it’s time to move light and fast.
Other mountain-specific features include redesigned ice tool attachments to keep your tools secure yet allow one-handed access via bungee tie offs and side release buckles. Dual side wand/ice pro pockets keep critical gear close for an extra margin of safety. A-frame ski carry loops transport skis in the classic fashion. Three bombproof attachment points give you peace of mind when hauling. All zipper-pulls and buckles are designed to be glove friendly. A rear shove-it pocket gives you a place to shove an extra layer whether you’re climbing the skin track in search of powder or hiking to the base of an unclimbed ice route.
- A removable dual compartment keeps needed items organized and accessible and can be removed to shave off weight
- Integrated FlapJacket™ closure system can deploy to provide main compartment protection when top lid is not in use
- Quick release upper and threaded lower compression/retention straps provide load stability and external storage options
- Dual side pockets provide secure storage and easy accessibility to wands, pickets and other longer items. Utilize the side compression to secure load.
- Reinforced A-frame ski loops at the base of the back work in conjunction with side compression/retention straps provide stable, easy to use A-frame ski carry
- Dual front and single rear reinforced haul loops provide simple, secure three point hauling capabilities
- Dual reinforced ice-tool holsters work in conjunction with bungee tool tie-offs to provide secure and easily accessible ice tool carry
- A compressible, reinforced front panel pocket provides easy external storage and access to crampons and other needed items
- An under-lid adjustable rope compression strap provides stable and easily accessible rope carry
Dual ice tool holster with bungee tool tie-offs and lower side release buckles allow one-handed access. Durable pick sleeves and adjustable axe head strap fit a wide range of tool shapes. Once attached, tools carry protected and secure. Dual front and single reinforced rear haul loops provide simple, secure hauling capabilities. Reinforced A-frame ski carry loops work in conjunction with compression/retention straps to provide stable ski carry.
Glove Friendly Access - Glove friendly zipper pulls and buckles allow for quick and easy use in adverse conditions
The Variant offers a climbing-focused interchangeable hipbelt with gear loops, ErgoPull™ closure and a narrow cut design to accommodate a climbing harness.
The top-lid with integrated FlapJacket™ system, framesheet and aluminum stay and hipbelt are all removable to optimize weight savings.
- Removable 6mm aluminum frame and 1.5mm HDPE framesheet
THERMOFORMED CONTOURED BACKPANEL
- Snow shedding material to reduce ice/snow buildup
COUNTERED EVA HARNESS
- Webbing attachment points and reservoir hose routing
- Adjustable sternum strap with whistle
- Contoured for optimal fit and load transfer
- Narrow cut to accommodate movement and climbing harness
- Reverse wrap stowable ergoPull™ closure
- Gear loop and attachment points