Bohemian Comfort - Authentic and true immersive experience! Sleep in tents, eat simple, delicious and healthy food and get cozy and intimate with your fellow Betties! Might have to arrange somethings on your own such as ground transportation or do a more extensive preparation than you might in other trip styles*
Convenient Comfort – Minimum effort on your part! Sleep in a room which you might share with one other Betty, eat prepared meals that are hearty and healthy and prepare minimally as the rest is provided. In most cases, ground transportation is included*
Luxury Comfort - Just show up and the rest is covered. Sleep with comfort in a nice bed with luxury linen, eat gourmet food, drink wonderful wine and get plenty of rest before your full day of adventure. Ground transportation is included and all of your gear is provided*
*Air transportation is not included in Bold Betties adventures
This is a great entry level trip for newcomers or Betties looking build confidence outdoors. Expect 2-5 hours of activity a day on mostly flat or slightly hilly terrain with the occassional steep and/or uneven trail. You'll travel approximately 4-6 miles per day and experience moderate elevation/altitude changes.
Moderately difficult featuring more hills and mountain terrain, but still accessible for Betties inexperienced in outdoor adventure. Expect 4-6 hours of activity covering up to 10 miles a day. Expect steep and uneven trails and altitudes up to 10,000 ft.
Challenging adventures for Betties who are fit adventurers and possess a basic skill set for the outdoors. Expect 5-8 hours of activity per day over a variety of exposed terrain and steep uneven trails. Distances up to 12 miles per day and altitudes up to 14,000 ft.
Designed for the most experienced Betties who are do adventures on a regular basis. You'll be taken to remote locations over exposed, uneven and challenging terrain, requiring 10+ hours of activity per day and distances of 12+ miles. Altitudes could exceed 14,000 ft.
An all-inclusive mountain retreat where the balance healing yoga and horseback riding meet on a real all-women owned ranch in the remote mountains of Colorado.
• Experience yoga practice from our horse yogini in the peace and solitude of the Wet Mountain Valley at the base of the Sangre De Cristo Mountain range in the historic Westcliffe Colorado.
• Reconnect with yourself through horses and yoga practice while also improving your riding abilities.
• Learn about and experience sustainable agriculture in action from real ranching women while participating in everyday ranch life
• Develop your own horsemanship skills no matter your experience on well trained horses ready for all skill levels.
• Enjoy delicious ranch meals from the local ranch and surrounding local organic resources.
• Explore rugged mountain landscapes, lakes, waterfalls, and secret pastures on horseback.
• Sunrise rides, and moonlight rides with saddle bag meals.
• Really learn to care for your horse and yourself.
• Feel empowered not only by learning from real women in agriculture but also from learning new skills and learning about yourself in the process.
Trips Duration: 4 Days/3 Nights
Location: Westcliffe, Colorado
Nearest Airports: Denver International Airport or Colorado Springs Airport
Activities: Guided Yoga practice from our horse yogini, horseback riding, cattle
driving, hiking, fly-fishing, campfires, pasture dinner, learn sustainable agricultural methods, and self-exploration.
What’s Included: 3 Nights lodging, 4 days of riding and activities, private chef,
and all meals and nonalcoholic beverages
Not included: Alcoholic beverages (can be purchased in Westcliff or Colorado
Springs), Transportation to Westcliffe CO, Guide gratuities, and travel insurance.
Music Meadows Ranch is tucked away in Westcliffe Colorado in the middle of the
Wet Mountain Valley at the base of the Sangre De Cristo Mountains. This 4,000-
acre ranch is home to Sangre’s Best Beef, a 100% Grass Fed direct to consumer
meats business. This woman owned, and operated ranch uses sustainable grazing practices to build better pastures and create the highest quality of beef in Colorado. All of our guests will witness and participate in all the behind the scenes operations of this unique ranch. Lodging is in our historic 1914 cottage. Guests have beautiful views of the Sangre de Cristo Range right from the dining room. The cottage holds 10 guests comfortably and sleeping is dormitory style in the cottage’s three bedrooms. The historic beauty of the cottage has been preserved and renovations have been made for ensured comfort.
Our retreats are the perfect balance of time in the outdoors with comfortable
lodging, hearty meals, and amazing yoga practice. The Wet Mountain Valley is
known for its lush pastures, and mystical healing and restoration powers. We
balance the tranquility of the ranch with an active riding schedule and yoga
practice. Rides vary from Half-Day and Full-Day rides. Our herd of 25 + horses
can accommodate all skill levels. All this is possible, and customizable with a maximum group size of only10 guests.
The basis of this specific retreat is to empowering women to become more
connected to themselves through horse back riding and yoga. We aim to inspire, empower, and educate guests on the lives of strong women in ranching by fully participating in active ranch activities. Women can learn to ranch, experience sustainable agriculture, and learn how yoga can benefit their riding abilities. Guests will learn how all this can also teach self-care and self-connectedness. You will learn new skills both on and off the horse. You will learn a lot about yourself both from horses and from our amazing guides and our specialized horse yogini practice. And you will be inspired to finally chase your dreams and actualize what you are truly capable of.
The Itinerary – 4 days / 3 Nights
Below is the initial itinerary. As it is true on any adventure travel trips, plans on any specific day may be modified due to weather considerations, unforeseen
circumstances, new opportunities, and group interests.
You may want arrive the day before the start date, so you can
travel to Westcliffe Co by noon. At 12 pm we will meet at
Chappy’s Bar & Grill (213 Main Street Westcliffe, CO 81252) and follow each other into
Welcome ceremony to get everyone introduced to each other
and evening meditation/and or Yoga practice. We will have a
spot in the barn to gather in. The San Louis Valley is known for
its powerful healing energies.
A possible introductory evening ride that first day
Dinner will be served then perhaps free time to relax before our
first big day.
Morning Yoga and meditation followed by Breakfast
• Full days ride: Etiquette of horses and horse language. Get used to horses. We take the whole day with a tasty pack lunch and lots of road snacks that we pack in our saddlebags and head for the hills! Seeking out wild elk herds, and exploring endless country.
• Get use to handling horses and experience the human-horse connection as taught by Elin.
• Will have the opportunity to get involved with Sangre’s Best Cattle being worked in real life. Lessons on rotational grazing will be discussed and will move cattle into different pastures. We will be educated by the owner of the ranch Elin Parker, about the benefits of raising grass finished beef and collaborative conservation in action.
• Head back to cottage around 6pm to get ready for dinner. Maybe a nap.
• Dinner will be served around 7pm.
• Moonlight yoga!
• Sunrise ride to the beaver pond pasture for morning Yoga. Use a pack horse to
carry everyone’s gear and yoga mats. We will have a saddlebag breakfast (which
means we pack our breakfast and eat in in the pasture). Beaver Pond Pasture is
about an hour’s ride away from the cottage.
• Fly fishing! Head up to the pond after lunch via horseback. Rods and instruction will be provided. Ponds are stocked full of fat trout and are catch and release. Or there is a beautiful hiking trail our guides can take clients up for an afternoon hike.
• Guests would be encouraged to ride their horse before dinner if desired and or
keep riding instead of fishing and or hiking.
• 6:30 p.m. dinner. Followed by a recap group gathering and A YOGA POSE
Time to say goodbye! We’ll pack up in the morning, enjoy our last meal and
yoga practice together, say farewell to our horses, and plan to leave the ranch
by 3pm. We will have the morning and afternoon to squeeze in a few activities
based on groups energy. We’ll be back to Denver by 4PM and you can
plan to fly out any time after 4:30pm.
You can fly into either Denver International Airport or Colorado Springs Airport. We can assist with any before and after travel plans as needed. If you are flying in, we recommended to rent a vehicle and to meet the group in Westcliffe Colorado at Chappy’s Bar & Grill at noon the 1st day of the retreat. We can help coordinate carpooling and split costs of renting a vehicle.
Denver International Airport it is a 3.5-hour ride through the
mountains up to Westcliffe Colorado.
Cost: $1650 per person
Affinity Members Cost: $1485
This trip is non-refundable
Not an Affinity Member yet? You'll save $165 on this event and 10% on any other experience in our store! CLICK HERE to learn more and to sign up! Use code: 6FOR5 to get $5/month for 6 months of the membership!
While it is our intention at Bold Betties to adhere to the event as described, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. The itinerary is brief, as we never know exactly where our journey will take us. Due to the nature of Bold Betties events, adventuring and travel can be unpredictable. Our itinerary overview is a general guide regarding the event and any mention of specific destinations or wildlife is by no means a guarantee that they will be visited or encountered. These changes can be made with regards to safety, attendee capabilities, time constraints, weather and various other reasons. You are solely responsible for arriving to the meeting place on time. In the event of a delay, it is up to you to make alternative arrangements. Any additional costs incurred is your responsibility. Refunds will not be given due to missed connections, canceled flights, weather, or any other delays or unforeseen circumstances. Allow yourself extra time to arrive safely to the meeting place so that everyone leaves on time. Please see the cancellation/refund policy.