September 24-26, 2018
Bohemian Comfort - Authentic and true immersive experience! Sleep in tents, eat simple, delicious and healthy food and get cozy and intimate with your fellow Betties! Might have to arrange somethings on your own such as ground transportation or do a more extensive preparation than you might in other trip styles*
Convenient Comfort – Minimum effort on your part! Sleep in a room which you might share with one other Betty, eat prepared meals that are hearty and healthy and prepare minimally as the rest is provided. In most cases, ground transportation is included*
Luxury Comfort - Just show up and the rest is covered. Sleep with comfort in a nice bed with luxury linen, eat gourmet food, drink wonderful wine and get plenty of rest before your full day of adventure. Ground transportation is included and all of your gear is provided*
*Air transportation is not included in Bold Betties adventures
This is a great entry level trip for newcomers or Betties looking build confidence outdoors. Expect 2-5 hours of activity a day on mostly flat or slightly hilly terrain with the occassional steep and/or uneven trail. You'll travel approximately 4-6 miles per day and experience moderate elevation/altitude changes.
Moderately difficult featuring more hills and mountain terrain, but still accessible for Betties inexperienced in outdoor adventure. Expect 4-6 hours of activity covering up to 10 miles a day. Expect steep and uneven trails and altitudes up to 10,000 ft.
Challenging adventures for Betties who are fit adventurers and possess a basic skill set for the outdoors. Expect 5-8 hours of activity per day over a variety of exposed terrain and steep uneven trails. Distances up to 12 miles per day and altitudes up to 14,000 ft.
Designed for the most experienced Betties who are do adventures on a regular basis. You'll be taken to remote locations over exposed, uneven and challenging terrain, requiring 10+ hours of activity per day and distances of 12+ miles. Altitudes could exceed 14,000 ft.
Join Bold Betties for an enthralling look into the world of ranching while enjoying the best of Colorado's autumn colors. On this trip, our focus is on empowering individuals to explore the unknown. To grow spiritually and emotionally while feeling supported, challenged, and excited. This 3 day, 2 night adventures is intimate, and off the beaten path.
About The Ranch
The Colorado Ranch Retreat is a dream getaway. This is an exclusive and unique women owned and operated ranch with 4,000 acres of land and 25 head of horses. Music Meadows is an actual working ranch and grass finished beef operation. While at the ranch, you’ll learn about sustainable agriculture, explore the mountainside, see amazing wildlife, and learn to fly fish while catching a huge trout and much more. The owner, Elin Parker, is a world renowned horse trainer and teacher of the equestrian arts, as well as a successful business woman distributing all of her own grass finished beef across the front range of Colorado. She loves working with the first timer as well as helping the most experienced have a NEW experience with horses. Elin's teaching style is about connecting with your horse individually and veering away from the pack. You'll learn about sustainable agriculture, explore the mountainside, see amazing wildlife, learn to fly fish and much more.
This Trip Includes:
- Cozy bunk style lodging in the ranch’s historic cottage.
- Personal chef on staff that will utilize all the local resources for the menu, including the local grass raised beef from the ranch for three meals a day plus snacks.
- Meal accommodations for any food allergies, sensitivities, and/or preferences.
- Personalized horsemanship and riding instruction
- One half day exploratory ride in the spectacular and scenic San Louis Valley on the famous Music Meadows property.
- A sunrise ride into a beaver pond pasture. Saddle bag breakfast and a pack horse to pack out all yoga mats for a remote location sunrise yoga practice.
- A full day ride exploring the miles and miles of open country in the Wet Moutains and famous Music Meadows property.
- Destination ride into remote Colorado waterfall via horseback and hiking combo up a remote mountain trail with private property access
- Wild flower hunting and identification
- Wildlife watching; Elk herd, mountain sheep, plethora of birding , black bear, deer
- Instructional fly fishing lessons on a high mountain pond stocked with trout (rods and gear included unless guests bring their own).
- Accommodations for all yoga practices, morning and evening.
- Stargazing, campfire cookouts, and evening bonding
- An optional (or mandatory) Bold Betties costume party!
- Delicious wine to enjoy after a day out and about
What is not included :
- Gratuity for guides
More About the Trip:
The Food: A personal chef is on location to prepare all meals and pack lunches and snacks, which will be readily abundant. Everything will be locally sourced, grown, or raised right there on the ranch or in the San Luis Valley. Any food allergies, sensitivities, and preferences will be catered to by the chef.
The Lodging: Music Meadows has a beautiful historic cottage bunk house that sits on the back of the property, comfortably sleeping guests in a shared bunk house scenario. Three rooms and two bathrooms. Each room has bunk beds in them and trundle beds. Rooms are meant to spend a small amount of the time in since guest will be out playing a majority of the time and we prepare our guests to have a minimalist’s experience. Meaning we encourage guests to keep it simple and enjoy the simplicity as a huge part of the experience.
**Add-on’s for the Bold Betties Ranch Retreat Optional
- Yes, I do shoot like a girl! Women’s “wild west” shooting lessons. The gals will be taught how to shoot and shown the safety of guns. Lessons from a local woman owned Arms and Defense Company. This would include an afternoon of target shooting and trying out all variety of guns and learning tactical defense lessons! Potentially a trick shooting lessons and compound bow shooting as well.
- Personalized Horse training lessons from Elin Parker owner and operator of Music Meadows Ranch and Sangre’s Best Beef.
- Fly-fishing lessons from local fly girls
Remaining Balance: $1,049, due July 15th, 2018
60% Refundable until May 31st, 2018
Non refundable on or after June 1st, 2018
While it is our intention at Bold Betties to adhere to the event as described, there is a certain amount of flexibility built into the itinerary and on occasion it may be necessary, or desirable to make alterations. The itinerary is brief, as we never know exactly where our journey will take us. Due to the nature of Bold Betties events, adventuring and travel can be unpredictable. Our itinerary overview is a general guide regarding the event and any mention of specific destinations or wildlife is by no means a guarantee that they will be visited or encountered. These changes can be made with regards to safety, attendee capabilities, time constraints, weather and various other reasons.